Under this mandate taxpayers will fund Birth Control, Abortifacients (a drug or agent that causes abortion), and surgical sterilization? While you’ll be providing these free services for millions of Americana’s to take advantage of at any time, women will not have to pay a dime to be sterilized, chemically abort their children, or access birth control.
Despite religious or moral beliefs you’re paying for it, and patients do not even have a co-pay for these services. (Read my article about the irony of this situation).
Here are a few things you should know which the National Committee for a Human Life Amendment (NCHLA) pointed out in their recent action alert:
- The statement that these services “do not include abortifacient drugs” is misleading. The FDA-approved “emergency contraception” (EC) drugs covered by this mandate can work by interfering with implantation. Also, the drug the FDA most recently approved for EC, “Ella,” a close analogue to the abortion drug RU-486, has been shown in animal tests to cause abortion. Thus, the mandate includes drugs that may cause an abortion both before and after implantation.
- A religious exemption to the mandate is not only extremely narrow but unprecedented in federal law. Plans offered by a great many religious organizations, including Catholic colleges and universities as well as hospitals and charitable institutions that serve the general public, would be ineligible under the exemption. Individuals and health insurance companies do not qualify at all.
Please defend the consciences of millions of Americans who do not support the tax payer funding of abortifacients, contraception, and sterilization. (Learn a little about the Catholic Church’s position on these issues) This will only take a few minutes:
- Sign the petition to President Obama’s Administration and Secretary Sebelius to stop the birth control mandate.
- Health and Human Services is accepting comments on the issue at hand. Please send an email through NCHLA’s action center in opposition to this mandate.
- Post the link to this article: http://timmerie.com/2011/09/action-alert-stop-birth-control-mandate.html on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites so that others can take action as well.