On January 20, 2012 Kathleen Sebelius, secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), instituted a ruling requiring every insurance policy to cover the costs of contraception, abortion inducing drugs, and sterilization. If the ruling is not reversed, it will go into effect late this summer!
This will require religious institutions, with only a small exception for churches, against their moral and ethical beliefs, to provide insurance plans paying for these services. American citizens will be paying for these services through their insurance, and they will have NO choice.
Please watch the below video by Bishop Slattery of the diocese of Tulsa, OK where he explains the appalling threat to not only every Americana’s conscience but to religious freedoms:
A few things I would like to emphasize from Bishop Slattery’s statement:
- As an American you have a a fundamental right to Religious Liberty
- This is a violation of your First Amendment Right of Religious Liberty
- Businesses and institutions will be forced to provide this insurance
- These services are intrinsically evil
- The Catholic Church has always complied with the law, however, this is a law we cannot and will not comply with
- The right to free exercise of religion ranks first in the bill of rights
Bishops and Cardinals across the United States have joined together in guiding the Catholic Church in a firm position that opposes this mandate, which violates your right to Religious liberty by requiring all institutions and people of faith to violate their consciences by requiring them to provide and pay for abortion inducing drugs, contraception, and sterilization.
It is not possible for me to stress how important it is for every person to be aware of what is happening and what is at stake here. This decision will not be reversed if you do not become informed and vehemently stand against it. We will lose the most important of liberties if you are silent. Catholic, Evangelical, and secular alike should agree that this is a blatant violation of the rights of the American people.
- Send a pre-written email to congress: http://www.nchla.org/actiondisplay.asp?ID=292
- Educate yourself and others on the issue by sharing this article
- Don’t stop praying or taking action
So tell me, why are you against this HHS mandate?
Dignity of the Born and Unborn,